"SOMETIMES THE SMALLEST THINGS TAKE UP THE MOST ROOM IN YOUR HEART"

WELCOME TO GENISTA PAWTRAITS

"Genista Pawtraits" is where you can find samples of my work which I mainly do for pleasure, family and friends. However, I have recently started taking commissions for Pastel Pet Portraits. I aim to create exquisite pastel pet portraits from your photographs that bring out the spirit, character and personality of your beloved and cherished other family member, with their unique personalites, cheeky grins, they make us laugh and smile and love us unconditionally. What would we do without them?

I am a pet owner and animal lover myself, and I understand how much pleasure and comfort an original pastel portrait can bring, either by celebrating an adored pet or remembering one we have sadly lost.

A commissioned pet portrait or gift voucher makes a unique birthday, Christmas, wedding or anniversary gift that will be treasured forever by the recipient.

I hand paint each portrait using photographs as a guide. I am not trying to make the painting look like the photograph but hopefully to enhance it to bring out your pets personality and character as a painting. Several photographs can be used to get the required pose and changes can be made to remove e.g. a hand, collar, "red eye" etc. It is important to use as clear a photograph as possible as a guide as the quality of the photograph will directly influence the detail of the painting.

I love to paint/draw, it is my refuge at times and a celebration at other times. I paint/draw in many styles/mediums as you will see over the coming months. Please take a look at all my pages on this blog.

For Available Artwork please take a look at my pages and/or my Website. Visit my "Prices/Sizes" page and"How To Commission A Portrait" for information.

Please leave a comment if you have time or maybe even become a follower, you are more than Welcome......

Hillary Rose - "Genista Pawtraits"

(The House Of Genista)

UK


Monday 6 August 2012

Winner Of Pastel Pet Portrait Give-A-Way

A BIG "Thank You" to everyone who entered my Pastel Pet Portrait Give-A-Way. All the names of entrants were put into a tub, the correct amount of times this morning and the winner was pulled out by "Connor" a 14 year old  animal lover.
I decided to have two winners, one from the dogs that were entered, and one from the cats that were entered so here are the winners as pulled out by Connor:

Dog Winner:  Martha & Bailey
Cat Winner: Brian 

I will be emailing both winners to request clear head study photographs of their beloved pets in order for me to create their pastel portrait and will be requesting permission  to add their photographs here on this post.

Thank you again to all who entered. Please look out for tomorrows post which will contain a Special Offer to everyone who entered my Give-A-Way.

Have a Lovely Day!

Warmest Wishes


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners!!
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Martha and Bailey and Brian!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Your opinion is greatly appreciated!